Rubber mounts differential 2.4

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Bijan
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Rubber mounts differential 2.4

Post by Bijan »

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here has used the reproduction differential rubber mounts from Dinoparts. I recently ordered a pair because mine are already cracked and I dont trust them anymore.

My problem with the repro parts is that the rubber seems to be significantly harder than on my original parts. My experience with other cars tells me that its usually not a good idea to use hard rubber or PU bushings for differential mounts as they will only transfer a lot more vibration and noise from your drive train to the body which is extremely annoying.

Has anyone experience here?

I am talking about these parts:
109019_24264_600x600@2x.jpg
Thanks for your opinions.

Best Regards
Bijan
Stefan2000
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Re: Rubber mounts differential 2.4

Post by Stefan2000 »

Hi Bijan,

I did not know about the existence of these replacement parts in the first way, but i have a Fiat 130 with the same rear axle.
Because tracing parts for a Fiat 130 is waste of time, i tried to find a solution for these parts by using some random bushing from another cars rear axle. I just made it some 2 weeks ago so i did not had the time yet to install them.
I traces a bushing that is exactly the correct diameter, it only needs to me shortened by some 20mm. But i have a lathe so for me that was quite easy.
I haven't tested it yet, so i don't know yet if it will work as good as expected.
Might be an option for you as well...? Part number of the bushing is on the picture.
PXL_20240211_135829662.jpg
PXL_20240211_135821113.jpg
Bijan
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Rubber mounts differential 2.4

Post by Bijan »

Hi Stefan,

that is a good idea and the rubber may be softer than on the repro part, thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I spoke to the dealer today and they assured me they sold a lot of these parts already and
never heard of any problems with drive train vibration/noise. I may be naive but I think
I will give the repro parts a try... Lets see if I am still happy when I drive the Dino again this summer ;)
If not, I will maybe try your solution.

Regards
Bijan