2.0 spider Pininfirana soft top sold

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Andrew Seward
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

2.0 spider Pininfirana soft top sold

Post by Andrew Seward »

Fiat dino 2.0 spider new hood cover , concours correct with spare hoop fabric.

Purchased for my 2.4 spider . It’s does fit. The door lengths are different between 2.0 litre and 2.4 so it’s a brand new spare. I additionally order extra fabrics to cover the frame hoops as this did come is the kit.

now sold
Attachments
hood edge.jpg
hood protected rear panel.jpg
hood new.jpg
Last edited by Andrew Seward on Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dinoswede
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: 2.0 spider Pininfirana soft top for sale

Post by Dinoswede »

Andrew,
I think you are all to pessimistic about which Fiat Dino Spider version your soft top and your
Pininfarina hardtop should fit.
Now and then, some people has claimed that 2 Litre and 2,4 Litre Spiders are of different
length, and therefore not sharing the same body parts.
I am convinced this only comes from the fact, 2,4 Litre Spiders have different bumpers front
and rear - which adds 25 mm:s to the total length, not the actual body measurements.

The Spare parts Catalogues show different parts number for 2 Litre and 2,4 Litre Spiders´
front and rear fenders (wings), but that is just a result from the differences in how the 2,4
Litre front and rear bumpers are bolted to the body structure through new holes, and a new
location for the front side blinker lights. Every small change in detail makes FIAT list the
changed part with a new parts number!

The spare parts Catalogue pages below show all Dino Spiders from body number AS 000 0526
and on, have the same soft top and the soft top frame, both 2 Litre and 2,4 Litre cars.
Also,, the doors and the door windows are the same parts for both versions.
The first Spider "homologation version", up to serial number AS 000 0525 has a slightly
different soft top and soft top frame, and also the earlier interior, which - again - generate
different door frame numbers.

Soft top for 2 Litre Spider
001.jpg
Soft top for 2,4 Litre Spider
006.jpg
Door for 2 Litre Spider
002.jpg
Door for 2,4 Litre Spider
005.jpg
Door window for 2 Litre Spider
003.jpg
Door window for 2,4 Litre Spider
007.jpg
Hoping this can be of some help!

Dinoswede
Andrew Seward

Post by Andrew Seward »

Hi

Thanks for the voice of encouragement , just read this . I test fitted both soft and hardtops on my 2.4 spider and they were out in length . this was at a professional trim shop i was using. Bill Morris said in his book the all panles are different length . I will ask Mark Devaeny when next I drop by 24 hundred to measure one of the 2.0 cars he has to check . I was so disappionted when after fitting all the new seals and clamps I havd to take if off and pack it up. same situation with the soft top the 2.4 is around 50mm longer in the door ?? the longer i owner these cars the less i know

ps I reduced the soft top pice to £300 as its in my way . The hard tops on ebay at £4500 but for a compeling Dino story I may do a slightly beter deal . Much prefer both to go to fellow owners . If i seel i can buy some more bits for my 246GT project
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

Hi Andrew, did you receive my PM? Might be interested in the soft top.