Engine rebuild

All about our Fiat Dino Coupes and Spiders

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Amir Neyestani
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Engine rebuild

Post by Amir Neyestani »

Question for the experts -

I need an engine rebuild on my 2L Dino Spider. I’m located in Vancouver, Canada. Wondering if anyone has recommendations on a shop that has experience in rebuilding these engines close to me. Somewhere in the Pacific North West would be ideal as I would like to keep an eye on the build. If it needs to go further in order to get the job done right, I am also OK with that.

Many thanks in advance,

Amir Neyestani
Gaelicguy

Re: Engine rebuild

Post by Gaelicguy »

Hello Amir
I’m in the same situation. I live in NE Washington just south of Trail.
Just recently a Master Ferrari Mechanic who used to fly from here to San Diego every two weeks to work, has retired and moved about a30 minute drive from me.
I’m trying to track him down now. He has built a worship and is continuing working on Ferraris etc. When I get his contact info I will let you know.
Michael
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
Amir Neyestani

Post by Amir Neyestani »

Hi Michael,

That would be great!

My email is amir.neyestani@gmail.com, if you have any other info you wanted to pass on.

Thanks,

Amir
ebrown5686
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hello Amir and Michael,
You all may want to consider Carobu Engineering,(www.carobu.com). They have more than one site, but I'm lucky enough to live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and 30 miles away from one of their sites. They rebuilt my Dino's 2.4 engine for me, and managed to coax 220 hp out of it, smooth,strong, and reliable. My main contacts are with master mechanic Bert Wehr and his wife Chrissy, and they have been wonderful to work with. He does rebuilding, and the machining is done at another site in SoCal. Their shop phone is (505-384-2783). They are always busy, but you may want to drop them an email or a call. They are shipping exotic engines all over, and they know what they're doing!
They have also rebuilt a 308 GT4 engine for me, and installed a larger crankshaft, punching it out to 3.5 liters, and 280 HP and bags of torque.
They are BUSY, but there is no harm in giving them a call.
Just a thought..
Ed
Spider 2400 #1396
Gaelicguy

Post by Gaelicguy »

Thanks Ed
I have a contact email for the guy who moved close to where I live, but he hasn’t responded yet.
I will be getting intouch with your contact this week. Sounds like a great resource.
Michael
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D