Sun visor valence FIAT Dino 2000 coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Sun visor valence FIAT Dino 2000 coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

The original sun visor valence on my 2000 coupe was in sad shape. Cracked, discolored and even missing part of a corner. See photo.
On eBay Italy, I found a vendor selling replacement valences. I bought one and installed it. The replacement is black, but my headliner is white.
I just repainted the tobacco stained headliner and it looks brand new.
The replacement sun visor valence looked identical sitting next to the old one on a table, but upon installation, it appears to be slightly narrower than the original as it took some minor modification of holes to make it fit.
I'm polling the group to see if they think I should:
1. Leave the valence black and paint the visors black to match
2. Paint the valence white to match the headliner and also paint the yellowed visors white
3. Leave the valence black and paint the yellowed visors white to match the headliner
Thanks, Ben.
Attachments
new and old valence.jpeg
new valence in car.jpeg
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Sun visor valence FIAT Dino 2000 coupe

Post by ThomasK »

I made good experience with re-spraying them on my 2.4 but not white, I used a kind of beige. I first used primer for plastic and then the colour.
Attachments
20220306_152437.jpg
bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

Did you re-spray the original or did you paint one of the reproductions?
My headliner was definitely white under the valence, so it is all bright white again.
My original valence and visors are somewhere between yellow and tan - not a pleasant color.
The visible headliner was a light tobacco in color.
Thanks, Ben.
ThomasK
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by ThomasK »

I resprayed the originals. Before I filled minor cracks with fine filler for leather and sanded again and again multiple times, spray fillered it, sanded and spray fillered again and then plastic primer and then colour. I don’t use bright white but a colour called in German „Kieselbeige“.

I personally prefer as original a light colour (white/beige) but I know some Dino owners have it all in black, incl. the rear vents, what also looks good.

Question of personal taste and how original it should be.