steering wheel substitution

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Quim
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

steering wheel substitution

Post by Quim »

Greetings,
I am trying to get my bakelite original steering wheel (Coupe 2litre, early version) restored.
In order to drive the car, I purchased a nice Nardi wheel to be used while restoration took place and maybe as a useful substitute.
I also bought a hub advertised as good for Dinos, 128 and other Fiat models but it does not work on early Dinos.(hub seems to large and does not allow for return of turn signals)
Is there a hub that can be used on early Dinos?
Anybody had and solved this problem??
Your input would be very appreciated
Thanks
bhiggins2

Re: steering wheel substitution

Post by bhiggins2 »

My original wood wheel was in rough shape so until I restore it, I have a Nardi Anni 50 wheel on a Superformace hub [https://www.superformance.co.uk/fiat/fittings.html] on my 1967 coupe and it fits and works just fine.
Ben.
bhiggins2

Post by bhiggins2 »

My original wood wheel was in rough shape so until I restore it, I have a Nardi Anni 50 wheel on a Superformace hub [https://www.superformance.co.uk/fiat/fittings.html] on my 1967 coupe and it fits and works just fine.
Ben.
Quim

Post by Quim »

Hello bhiggins 2, thanks for your response and advice.

I bought a hub advertised as fitting Dino's. By the picture of the superformance one, they seem to be identical, but one never knows.
i will try again to see if I can get it fitted. I purchase on brand Luisi, made in Italy and for a very similar price as the Superformance one. I may be the one unable to work it in.
Thanks