Where are all the engines going???

Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

89TC
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Where are all the engines going???

Post by 89TC »

I see lots and lots of Dinos on the internet where the engines have been removed (more so in the past years than recently, since Dino values are climbing fast). So where are all the removed engines going?? Into Chevy hotrods? Dune buggies? Into other models of Ferraris? Into go-carts? Or maybe there's one hoarder guy out there who has 500 engines in his barn?
In all my years on the internet I've never seen a non-Dino car with a Dino engine in it... Even if a Dino blows its engine up and needs to be replaced by another Dino engine, that still doesn't calculate to anywhere near all the donor Dinos that are sitting around with no engines.... Something's not adding up here... :!: Does anyone know where they might have ended up?
Tobi
Site Admin

Re: Where are all the engines going???

Post by Tobi »

Coupe engines go into Spider, 246 and Stratos. And some people want to have a backup engine.
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Georg »

Here is my back-up engine. Completly rebuilt. Waiting for the day it will be needed because something nasty has happend to the engine in my car. However, hoping I will never need it.

I have met a guy who has purchased a Fiat Dino Coupé without the engine, and put in a V6 3200 from a Fiat 130. He had to do some work arounds, but it works.
Attachments
IMG_0560.JPG
89TC

Post by 89TC »

Georg wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:50 pm Here is my back-up engine. Completly rebuilt. Waiting for the day it will be needed because something nasty has happend to the engine in my car. However, hoping I will never need it
Where did you get the engine? Did you take it out of a junker?
1967spider
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by 1967spider »

Here's a 2 liters coffee table in my friend's man cave. Just bought its transmission as a spare for my 67 spider. So I know where a spare engine is when I need one.
Attachments
20211023_101954.jpg
20211023_102002.jpg