Tool kit contents/value, 2.0 Coupe

General Discussions and Socializing

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

jelliott
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Tool kit contents/value, 2.0 Coupe

Post by jelliott »

One of these days (now a year after I sold my car), I’m going to get around to organizing and selling all the extras that didn’t go with the car, one of which is an incomplete tool kit. I’ve got the black vinyl pouch, a 13/17 mm wrench, a reversible screwdriver, the bar that presumably goes with a [missing] plug wrench, and the manual window cranking tool. What am I missing besides the body of the plug wrench? Should there be a total of two wrenches or four? Is this worth enough to somebody that I should try to make it complete, or just offer it for sale as is, or just sell off the window tool and throw the Fiat-branded wrench in the glovebox of my girlfriend’s [2018] 124 Spider as a joke?

Thanks,
Joe
DWR46
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Tool kit contents/value, 2.0 Coupe

Post by DWR46 »

Joe: Look at the complete tool kit I have listed in the For Sale section.
jelliott
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by jelliott »

DWR46 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:40 am Joe: Look at the complete tool kit I have listed in the For Sale section.
Thanks! That data point certainly suggests that it's worth making this kit complete and offering it for sale as such! But, to be clear, I don't have the jack or the bigger jack bag (I do have the ratchet handle though, which I wasn't considering part of the little tool kit). If I complete the little tool kit with four wrenches, pliers, carb tool, and the body of the spark plug tool (I'm assuming that my reversible screwdriver is actually just as correct as your pair of otherwise-identical screwdrivers—perhaps varied by model year), what would that be worth to somebody?

Alternatively, if you're missing the original tapered bar that goes with the spark plug wrench, should I offer it to you to make your reproduction kit really complete?
DWR46
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by DWR46 »

Jelliott: I am happy to sell my kit for a reasonable offer.