Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Fanalone
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: Candle in the wind...

Post by Fanalone »

Hi all

Don`t forgett the ground wire!
To check voltage drop effect easily, I make 2 jumper wires (with 10 amp fuse) and drive the actual car against a wall/ garage door.
Turn on the light (when egine is running at increased idle), and insert the jumperwire from battery -/ ground to bulb -/ ground, and simultaneously look at the light intensity on the wall.
Then I do the same with the +/ power side, jump a wire from battery +/ positive to the bulb +/ positive, and take a look at the light intensity at the wall.
This gives you a quick view on what a relay conversion job will do for the light intensity on your car (But relay`s are only on the +/ positive side, so don`t forgett the -/ ground :idea:)
BC5222
Andrew Seward
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Andrew Seward »

Just reading this post late . On my Dino spider 2.4 I have fitted HID lights . The kits can be purchased on ebay , use the standard lamp fitting so completely reversable , the light switch and dip controls operate the light using the 3 pin lamp connection you just provide a seperate power feed to the small power transformer which is mounted using double sided tape behind the headlight cluster . You then have lights like a modern car . It works brillantly and takes the risk out of over loading old circuits with more powerful lamps .
HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by HugoHarris »

Great advice, thank you everyone. Andrew, I like the HID conversion suggestion, that's the route I will go up front, and Ribolla thanks for the steer on rear LEDs.

LOVE this forum!
2400 Spider #1364