One to watch!

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: One to watch!

Post by HugoHarris »

The silver GTS was a strong result. But $630k was insane for this (admittedly nicely presented) GTS in September, esp for later series US spec car. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973- ... ino-gts-3/

I wonder if Covid boosted the investment grade end of the market, but I don't see the same movement for our lowly and lovely FIATs. Maybe that's a good thing though! I believe Herve's car must be the best example to go on the open market for a while, it will surely set where the market is at for a perfectly restored car. If there are any potential bidders out there I would be happy to inspect it while I'm at Amelia.
2400 Spider #1364
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

the market is now set..so restore your cars with confidence.. $350k plus 15% to the buyer..
HugoHarris

Post by HugoHarris »

I wasn't able to get across from Tampa to see this beauty at Amelia Island in the end. But I wish I had! $390,000! Extraordinary!
https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1969-fiat ... 00-spider/
2400 Spider #1364
Spiderman

Post by Spiderman »

Now that is finally a sensible result… 👍🏻
DWR46

Post by DWR46 »

It is a result that correctly reflects what it takes to restore one of these cars.
alfa32
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by alfa32 »

I 'owned" this car for about 2 hours in 1988. I went to look at it in Washington DC, owned by Dr Pietrzak, (an ER doc who incidentally was the doc on the sets for the James Bond movies during the 80s) It was white, and had a fabulous tan custom leather interior from a local Brazilian leather artist. He agreed to sell. I had been on call up all night working, so I said I would crash at a nearby hotel and pick it up in the am. A few hours later I had a call at the hotel, he changed his mind. I had a check with me when I looked at the car, but we were going to do the paperwork in am.......big mistake. I should have handed him the check and driven it to the hotel.
I always wondered what happened to that car, I looked for him every few years, but the internet wasn't so robust back then.
Later that year I ended up with a silver 2.0 spider that will have fresh paint and engine rebuild completed in the next month (bad head gasket a couple years ago, off the road since). I have had the use of another 2.0 Spider and 2.4 Coupe, so not all was lost during that time!
Spectacular result for a spectacular car, though I suspect the price for a really good one probably not much changed based on this one of one result.