Selling 1967 Fiat Dino 206 Coupe Roller - COMPLETE!

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

Group 2 Motorsports
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Selling 1967 Fiat Dino 206 Coupe Roller - COMPLETE!

Post by Group 2 Motorsports »

I have decided to sell this '67 2000 / 206 Dino Coupe as a roller! The car is VERY complete. Selling the engine and the transmission separately. Folks, I am all about saving these wonderful old things, but I'm not sure on this one; she's pretty rusty - not only the doors and such, but also underneath - into the frame!

Somebody out there with the metal skills can certainly restore it - anything is possible - but that's not viable for me as a shop to do. If somebody is interested in the complete car with the engine and transmission, I'd be open to chat about it, but for now, I think that we should focus on the roller (minus the engine and transmission.) By the way, this is a shim-over bucket engine.

What is available - and very worth while on this car - is that it is extremely complete... It's all there - and all of the exterior trim is very nice! All of the glass is there, driver-side exterior mirror, the front and rear bumpers, glass-trim and all of the other chrome is in exceptional condition. Door handles, grill - all there - the car has not been picked at yet. The rats and mice have had their way with the interior, but it is all there as well.

The hood vents and headlight trim rings - all of those sorts of things are there and in good shape as well. All five wheels are there and in nice condition.

Thoughts on value? Looking for offers. Car is located in Seattle, WA. My personal email address is JohnV@G2Motorsports.com and my personal cell number is 425.949.9518.
Group 2 Motorsports

Re: Selling 1967 Fiat Dino 206 Coupe Roller - COMPLETE!

A few pictures added.
Attachments
thumbnail_KIMG0600.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0607.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0606.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0605.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0604.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0603.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0602.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0601.jpg
Group 2 Motorsports

A few more.
Attachments
thumbnail_KIMG0610.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0609.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0608.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0617.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0616.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0613.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0612.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0611.jpg
Group 2 Motorsports

...last ones for now...
Attachments
thumbnail_KIMG0618.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0625.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0624.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0623.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0622.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0621.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0620.jpg
thumbnail_KIMG0619.jpg
Georg
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Georg »

Hi John, so sad to see how wrecked this formerly beauty is. And interestingly this car has first been sold in Germany, so it made its way to the US later.
You are asking for thoughts on value. I do not want to be rude, but given what I can see on the photos, I am considering the value of this car as close to zero. Considering that the value of a very good 2000 Coupé is in the range of EUR 60 to 85k, and deducting the cost for restoring your car, I am convinced that there is no space for a breathtaking positive values. Even if – as you emphasize – “It’s all there”, at least from the photos no part looks like it would not need any care or it could be put back on the car without refurbishment or repair.
Georg
Group 2 Motorsports

Morning Georg. Merry Christmas everybody!

From a buy, restore, sell and make a profit perspective, I would agree 100% that there isn't enough meat on the bone. A speculator is not the right buyer for it though... At the other end of the spectrum, a future owner who wants to get his hands dirty with a restoration to bond with the car in the process and to do things for himself above and beyond, doesn't want to start with a $40-$50-$60K car either - or with a car where somebody else already applied lipstick to a pig to polish it up a bit!

Somebody who wants to start with a complete car to fully-restore one of these and make it perfect for himself, will likely want to start at the other end of that acquisition cost scale. I'm certain that the number is not zero though. There must be at least $5,000 worth of trim, glass, wheels, bumpers, brakes, suspension, differential, chrome and other usable parts on this car, if one were to strip it down and sell it all!

I just feel bad for the thing. There's also the do-it-yourselfer out there - a body guy, a steel fabricator - somebody with the skills to whom labor for this type of work comes at just the cost of personal time. it would be a labor of love at that point and not a quest to turn a profit. I am WAY in over my head on a dozen other projects myself - all under water from an investment perspective. You're talking to a guy with $80,000 in a $1,500 Alfa Milano, so I get the math.

If I can get past my love for these old things, perhaps I'll just strip it and offer all of the individual parts up for sale.