Dino spider windshield

For Sale and Wanted (commercial postings will get you banned)

Moderators: doublegarage, Philt68

ebrown5686
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Dino spider windshield

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hello to all,
There was a little accident in the body shop this morning, and we are now looking for a windshield for a 2400 spider! Would anyone by chance have a new or nice used one for sale? I notice that Superformance and DinoParts.eu seem to have them, and if anyone has purchased from these sources, it would be a great help if you could tell me about the quality of the parts and how overseas shipping went. Perhaps there are US sources I'm not aware of. I'd appreciate any help or advice!
Many Thanks,
Ed Brown
Spider 2400 #1396
beppe_24s
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Dino spider windshield

Post by beppe_24s »

ebrown5686
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by ebrown5686 »

Hi Beppe 24s
Thanks for the tip! I'll check into it. I have also discovered that the guys at Mr. Fiat in Atlanta sell them for $770 plus shipping, and I will have to do a little comparison shopping, taking shipping from Europe and crating, dollar/euro, etc. The one in Italy is definitely priced attractively.
Thanks again and I'll have to to tell you I was a little worried about finding a good one at any price. I was beginning to wonder what my car might look like with Saran Wrap around the windshield!
Good luck with whatever your Dino adventure is!
Ed
Spider 2400 #1396
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by dinoverde »

Hi
If interested i have a very nice original one(proper thickness) a lot f the reproductions including the ones out of germany and england are too thin to fit the gasket properly ..You will have to put a lot of urethan to fill the gap and it will not be a very clean finish..ask for measurements and thickness before buying..i have been down that road and it is costly..
if interested send me a Pm
Hervé