67 Coupe Paint Colour

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

500 Dino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

67 Coupe Paint Colour

Post by 500 Dino »

Time to respray my 67 Coupe which has enjoyed several shades of paint over the years. Being an early car, I don't have a paint and trim reference on the build plate.
Having reached bare metal [some of which had no rust!], the base layer appears to be a light blue/lilac kind of colour and I can see on the Club DINO Italia page that there was a colour ref 422 Lilla.
Does anyone have a picture of this colour? I can't find anything on the web, maybe my car started life this colour.

I have seen some early period photos of 2.0 Coupes in a very light blue metallic. A colour lighter than Azzuro Mexico 427 . Anyone have an idea what this colour is [or why we have no record on the Owners Club sites? i have added put 3 pics for reference. I really like the Spider colour but would probably go for and Argento or Silverstone Grey [current colour is very close to this but a bit dark for my liking].
It seems that colour choice is an important decision to the owner fellowship out there. Not sure it matters too much for a non-concours car but better to pick a Fiat or Ferrari colour at least.

thanks all
Graham
Attachments
Could be Azzuro Mexico?
Could be Azzuro Mexico?
Anyone recognise this colour?
Anyone recognise this colour?
I'm sure this is a blue car, not silver
I'm sure this is a blue car, not silver
not silver.jpg (34.95 KiB) Viewed 12057 times
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: 67 Coupe Paint Colour

Post by Scalino »

Is that colour not the base coat? On my fathers spider colour like the one on the first picture seems to be the base and the is was originally black (and subsequently painted red). I'll get a picture tomorrow if I can.
jtperry8sf9

Post by jtperry8sf9 »

I posted this inquiry a while back on "lilla":

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=559&start=20

I've found nothing also.

Enjoy,

Johnny
Attachments
fiat-500-small-modern-car-37721230.jpg
jtperry8sf9

Post by jtperry8sf9 »

And this:
Attachments
Lilac%20B378D3.png
Lilac%20B378D3.png (323 Bytes) Viewed 12031 times
dino2000

Post by dino2000 »

Hi Graham and all Readers,
here ia a sample of azzuro mexico 427 made with Lechler Paint!
Greetings
klaus
Attachments
IMG_5533.PNG
500 Dino

Post by 500 Dino »

Thanks for the responses so far.
The Mexico Blue is a very nice colour and Scalino makes a good point; it may be just an under/base coat.
Lilla remains a mystery ......and perhaps it should. If a car had ever been painted that colour originally, it is probably best forgotten.

The Spider and the pic of the rear end are a lovely colour though, can anyone advise what colour they are? Clearly, a shade lighter than Mexico.

Cheers
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Scalino »

I believe the Spider is the (former?) car of fellow member Iceblue, have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35&start=30

I was just able to take a couple of pictures of our Spider;

Last edited by Scalino on Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
500 Dino

Post by 500 Dino »

Thanks for the info Scalino and the link to the old thread. Iceblue's Spider looks fantastic and I'd love to borrow that colour. That old thread says the paint code is A32 Azzuro but the Club Italia website doesn't list that code....there is however 432 and that looks a little different [much stronger blue].
Is A32 getting confused with 432?
Or does anyone have more info on the Italver code for that shade? It would be nice to know that I am using a true likeness of an original Dino colour.
Is Iceblue still on the scene? Can he help?

all the best
Graham
Argonaut
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Argonaut »

The car above is not the one from iceblue... it is another car with azzuro mettalizato... was offered a while ago (I guess in NY or close by).

I have bought the iceblue car 1.5 years back... and it might be for sale again.. if any interest, please pm me or write me an email under "g.rohde@striped-giraffe.com".
dino2000

Post by dino2000 »

Hello Graham,
did you find the colour?
I also want to spray my coupe soon in a light blue metalic. But the sample made with Lechler 427 azzuro mexico is not my favorite.
If you have more Information, please, can you share it with me..
Thank s a lot
Greetings
klaus