Common Parts

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

Gaelicguy
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Common Parts

Post by Gaelicguy »

Is there a list in this forum or anywhere else of parts for the Fiat Dinos that are common with other Fiats such as the 124/128’s.
I have read somewhere that some suspension parts are the same and yesterday I was on a scavenger hunt in a couple of 128 Spider buried in the local woods for the little plastic chrome cover the the top screw holding the armrest to the door. They fit perfectly. But I was thinking that the armrest/ door pulls looked exactly the same as my ‘67 Spider. I may go and get one to check.
But I digress!
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Re: Common Parts

Post by Scalino »

Not that I know of, but I have been keeping track of the alternative part numbers I find for some years now, so I have some (for the 2.4 at least).

I guess the best would be a spreadsheet excessible to everyone would be best, so everyone can add them when they find them? I would be happy to share my file as a base, thoughts on the best way to achieve this?
Peter Tabmow
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Peter Tabmow »

I'd be happy to help format the spreadsheet in a way that makes it as easy as possible to add items... It could be a great resource.
Gaelicguy
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Post by Gaelicguy »

Peter & Scalino
Having only owned my car for a couple of months I don’t have much to add yet, but I can tell you this kind of resource is really valuable.I have built quite a few Honda CBX (6 cyl twin o/h can 24 valve) motorcycles from 1979.
Very few parts were interchangeable. Very early on someone started an interchangeable list, it was priceless as parts started to dry up.

I assume you’d need the blessing of the moderator?
Michael
Too many motos and cars, not enough life left! :D
4cambob
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by 4cambob »

This list would be a great help as tbere are indeed many parts shared with other models and makes.
Peter Tabmow
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by Peter Tabmow »

Scalino wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:34 pm Not that I know of, but I have been keeping track of the alternative part numbers I find for some years now, so I have some (for the 2.4 at least).

I guess the best would be a spreadsheet excessible to everyone would be best, so everyone can add them when they find them? I would be happy to share my file as a base, thoughts on the best way to achieve this?
Scalino, if you'd like to post your file as an attachment here or in the Library section, I could start on a format and share a draft for comments.
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

I’ll have a look at it tomorrow, maybe stick in in google drive or similar so there is one file and not a different version whenever some adds a part.
Scalino

Post by Scalino »

I just dropped in on Google drive and linked to it in the Library section under 'Manuals en guides', so it is visible and editable to any forum member, but not the whole internet can see and edit it (and thus potentially ruin the file). If there are any better options, please do let me/us know, as you do need a Google account to edit it.