clutch advice

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

malcolmb
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

clutch advice

Post by malcolmb »

Firstly, I have read the long thread regarding clutches and found it very helpful.
I would appreciate it if those with first hand experience would give me advice. I have purchased a PP, disk and TO bearing from Superperformance-they are most helpful.
This PP requires the removal of three locator pins from the flywheel. it seems to me those pins play an important role and I am reluctant to remove them. So-I seek advice from anyone who has done this modification. I would also appreciate any advice regarding other solutions; ie, other sources for clutch parts which would not need this fix.
Thanks in advance for assistance.
Malcolm
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: clutch advice

Post by dinoverde »

have your original clutch plate rebuilt(pressure plate)..and get it balanced with your flywheel after you had your flywheel resurfaced..
malcolmb

Post by malcolmb »

dinoverde: Unfortunately my existing clutch is a repo item, not original. Do you, or anyone, know where to get an original? I suspect they are NLA.
the problem with the existing clutch is it doesn't disengage completely making selecting first or reverse a noisy event.
any advice appreciated.
dinoverde

Post by dinoverde »

is your car a 2 liter or a 2.4 ?
malcolmb

Post by malcolmb »

dinoverde

Post by dinoverde »

removing the locating pins would not cause the problem you have. it seems to me that you might need to adjust your clutch cable. On the 2.4 liter cars the clutch mechanism is operated by a cable.
I still have a new NOS clutch disc in case you find the one you have not be incorrect(your clutch disc has to be the proper thickness and type ) so your clutch mechanism works properly..