Adjusting valve shims below tappets 2000 coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Adjusting valve shims below tappets 2000 coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

I've read every post archived on the forum, and sought ought and read all workshop manuals I can find, and unless I missed something, there are no instructions for removing and re-installing camshafts when changing valve spacers below tappets. The workshop manual says to check valve clearances, but it doesn't mention the procedure for actually making a change if necessary, and skips to setting timing chain tension. I am very familiar with Alfa Romeo twin cam engines with chains and valve adjustment shims under tappets that requires the removal of cams, but the Alfa has a removable link in the timing chain. Do you remove the camshaft sprockets with the chain and then remove cams? No one has removed the cam covers on my car in >11 years+ and I want to check the valve clearances and cam timing. I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to literature on the procedure for removing and reinstalling cams and getting everything lined up correctly. Any helpful hints that make the job easier would also be appreciated. Thanks, Ben.