Throttle linkage bushing replacement

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Throttle linkage bushing replacement

Post by bhiggins2 »

I would like to clean up my throttle linkage and powder coat the metal bits. There are two teflon plastic bushes in the main horizontal portion of the linkage in the engine compartment. The bushes are held captive in a metal socket. Dinoparts sells replacement plastic bushes https://www.dinoparts.com/en/parts-acce ... upe/spider. Has anyone successfully replaced these bushings? If so, how did you get the old bushings out of the brackets and how did you install the new ones? Just about everything in my engine compartment is black, either from being painted and/or coated in dirt/oil. What color should the throttle linkage and the brackets be? Silver, chrome, black, bare polished steel?
Attachments
20200728_184048.jpg
dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

Re: Throttle linkage bushing replacement

Post by dinoverde »

Easily done.. you remove the complete assembly from the car..keep a detail diagram of spring and shims so when you have to put it together you will do it the first time right,,Take the rod out.. and rotate the bushing side ways ..you will find the slot and it will come out..
bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Post by bhiggins2 »

Excellent! That is the info I needed. I didn't want to take it apart until I had the new bushings [on order now]. Thanks, Ben.
doublegarage
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Post by doublegarage »

How did this work out?

I bought the bushing sold by DinoParts - it didn't have the slot that allows it to rotate into place and was too tight on the shaft, needing to be drilled out to a larger size.

The full throttle shaft assembly sold by DinoParts
https://www.dinoparts.com/en/detail/ind ... icle/20493
looks like it is plated in something like yellow CAD (passivate?). I'm thinking I'll do the same but need to remove these bushings to do it.

-Richard