Horn placement and configuration coupe 2.0

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

bhiggins2
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

Horn placement and configuration coupe 2.0

Post by bhiggins2 »

I'm trying to sort out multiple issues with a 1967 2.0 Coupe I recently acquired. The wiring diagram shows a horn relay on the inner passengers side fender, engine compartment, and an electro-pneumatic compressor close by. I have the relay and there is an open-ended tube that disappears along the right side the radiator towards the passengers side head lights. There is an electric horn, that appears to be vintage but I'm not sure if it is OEM, mounted where the electro-pneumatic compressor should be. The horn is mounted with stacks of washers as spacers on what may or may not be OEM brackets. There is also a disconnected "mystery" wire in the same vicinity and wrapped around the horn relay. Does anyone have a photo of the electro-pneumatic compressor and mount they could share? I get the same single horn tone when the horn selector switch is in either position. Superformance sells a FIAMM air horn set with compressor. Can anyone testify to the look and function of this item? Are there other sources of new compressors and horns? I actually don't know if I have the air horn portion of the electro-pneumatic highway horn system. If anyone has a photo of what they look like and how they are mounted, that would be appreciated. Thanks, Ben.