Seat belts

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

HugoHarris
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Seat belts

Post by HugoHarris »

Hi, has anyone fitted seat belts to their Spider? My car came with front lap belts. I intend to fit three point seat belts in the front (ideally with intertia reels mounted in the map pockets) and lap belts in the rear - the user manual indicates anchorages for both. Any tips appreciated.
2400 Spider #1364
Georg

Re: Seat belts

Post by Georg »

Hi Hugo, I have fitted my Spider 2400 with automatic three points seat belts. The belt reels are tightened with a M12 or M 14 bolt (not sure which one) in a nut already welded to the wheel houses. The thread of this nut is special - a fine thread, not standard. The belts should come with these correct bolts. Buy belt reels that work in any position / inclination, not just vertical. Mounting the belts in the map pocket is not a good idea; the belt will not unwind and wind back, particularly, when the soft top is down. I have found black plastic guides that keep the belt in position and direct the belt to the shoulder. Those came from a Fiat 124 CS 1 Spider. Without these guides the belt will slide down at the side of the backrest.
Georg
Attachments
IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2213.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG
IMG_2210.JPG
HugoHarris

Re: Seat belts

Post by HugoHarris »

Many thanks Georg, super helpful information.
2400 Spider #1364