dino spider ride hight for spider 2400

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

dinoverde
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Spider

dino spider ride hight for spider 2400

Post by dinoverde »

I have finally brought the car down on the ground on it's restored wheels.. The coil spring were powder painted . It seems to me that the car is ridding a bit high..i did not take any measurements prior to the restoration so i have nothing to compare with. Can someone take some measurements on his car so i can get a sens of what is expected. The car will probably settle a bit when it is driven, and i kept the main bushings loose so they can be tightened loaded on the ground. measuring the front point of the side trim and rear point to the ground should give me an idea how far of i am..installing these coil springs was a job and i doubt that the springs would have gotten affected much by the heat of backing the powder paint..I had done that on other cars and it did affect a bit the right hight at first ..but not by much..
Looking at pictures of spiders..some more space that other on the fender openings..
The high from the rocker is the same in the front as in the back give or take 5mmm..
Help needed..
Thanks
hervé
dinoverde

Re: dino spider ride hight for spider 2400

Post by dinoverde »

is there anyone out there with these dimensions?
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Scalino »

I would be happy to take some measurements, but they will be of no use to you, let's just say our Dino is not completely original body wise...

I'm sure someone will be able to give you some measurements, if not I can check my friends spider.
dinoverde

Post by dinoverde »

please do check with your friend spider..it would be nice to establish a base to compare with..
Regards
Hervé
Scalino
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Spider

Post by Scalino »

He is on holiday at the moment. So it'll be at least two weeks. In the mean time I measured ours to at least give you an idea. Again it's not original body wise, but it never stood out to me as considerebly lower or higher when sat next to other spiders. The hight to the bottom of the trim is 320-330 mm (depending on the side) the rear is about 5mm higher than the front on both sides.
dinoverde

Post by dinoverde »

thanks
i will check with my car.. let me know when you get the measurements from your friends car..
Regards
Hervé