brake disc for 2.0 Coupe

Technical Topics and Discussions

Moderator: alh

berni
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.0 Coupe

brake disc for 2.0 Coupe

Post by berni »

Dear colleagues,

please, help me, what is your opinion. I am asking behind my friend. It is possible to substitute brake dics (fiat dino 2.0 coupe) by another disc from same other maker of modern car? Or take same disc from other type of car and adjust them little bit on lathe? Or only one possibility is take it from dinoparts.eu? we need both front and rear.

thank you, Vladan
Tobi
Site Admin
Dino: Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe

Re: brake disc for 2.0 Coupe

Post by Tobi »

Hi Vladan,
I'd suggest to use the right discs for the car instead of trying to adapt other discs. Keep in mind that this is a security-critical part of the car. Saving a few bucks here is not worth the saved money for such a car. This should be a one-time investment except you intend to race the Dino on the track.
There are good suppliers:
http://www.dinoparts.eu/EN/fiat-coupe-s ... ake-discs/
http://www.superformance.co.uk/fiat/brakes.html
Regards,
Tobi
berni

Post by berni »

Hi, yes, I think, you are absolutely right! I agree with you. Maybee our wrong idea at the begining. The disc from dinoparts: do you know something about the origin of this disc from eshop, please? It is old stock newfound? Or, is it newly made (do you know if it is 100% identical with original)? Or is it a modified disk from other car almost the same and rebuild it into the dino disc (this is idea of my first post, take any disc which is identical and change just a radius for example)?

Finaly, as you wrote, that original is original. I know. But sometimes replica parts are different than the original. For example, I renovate a 1930s car and I must make a lot of parts from similar parts (the inability to buy the original or the replica).
Tobi
Site Admin

Post by Tobi »

I'm pretty sure the brake discs offered are replica parts. To be sure, contact DinoParts or Superformance. I don't know about the quality either. These threads might be of interest for you:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=154
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=160
ThomasK

Post by ThomasK »

Hi,
I have mounted last year new front brake discs from one of the mentioned Providers.

We should be happy that we almost got every part that we need tokKeep our Dinos running and can choose between different suppliers - and we should not drive 50k - 100k cars and trying to save a few hundred Euro, Dollar or whatever for maintenance.

I am quite sure that my new discs are new made following original specs, I am not aware of parts from other cars that can made to fit the Dinos (regarding brake discs).

KR Thomas
berni

Post by berni »

Ok, thank you....This is right information, which I wanted to know (that the disc are completely new made).